- MarketFresh now has a qualified Process Authority on staff
- We have the ability and knowledge to analyze your product and process in order to classify your product and determine if a process letter is necessary
Process Authority Letters
- After receiving your product information (see below) and product, MarketFresh will test your product for pH and water activity
- Using the measurements above we will classify your product and determine the need for a Process Letter or not.
- If it is determined that your product necessitates a letter you will not be charged for the testing conducted on the product, only the letter.
- Evaluation of complete process and product formulation
- Process letters
Acid and Acidified-Foods
- Analysis to classify foods as acid, acidified, or formulated acid foods.
- Acid Foods: natural pH <4.6
- Acidified Foods: pH <4.6 & Aw >0.85
- Formulated Acid Foods: pH <4.6 & <10% addition of low acid ingredients
Submitting Your Product for Evaluation
- Finish final product and process formulation
- Attend required training: Better Process School-Acidified (can be taken online or at a number of universities across the country)
- Prepare two batches to be submitted for analysis
- Fill out a Process Review form for each of your products needing a review
- Contact MarketFresh to organize drop off of product